Preparedness Advice Blog
- The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard
- Survival Shopping at Costco: A Quick and Easy Guide
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
Tag Archives: debarking
In the past, before the easy availability of lumberyards and finished materials, a drawknife was an important tool. They can still be purchased new and found in garage sales and antique shops. If you intend to do any woodwork after a disaster, they are something you should own and learn to use.
A drawknife is a traditional woodworking hand tool used to strip bark off logs and shape wood by removing shavings. It consists of a blade with a handle at each end. The blade of a drawknife is usually long and narrow with a beveled, or angled, side and one flat side. …Read More...