Preparedness Advice Blog
- A House Fire Changed My Family Forever
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge!
- What can a Billy Joel concert teach us about situational awareness?
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson
- The Beginner’s Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever
Tag Archives: dehydrate
Yesterday we had the opportunity to pick up some packages of frozen corn. The price was right so we bought 36 packages. Now what do you do with all this frozen food, there is not enough room in our freezer to fit it all in. We just got our nine tray Excalibur Dehydrator out and dehydrate them. All the corn that wouldn’t fit in the freezer went right into the dehydrator. We set it to 125 degrees and by morning, we will have a nice batch of dehydrated corn.
This is something we have been doing for some time. A friend in Wyoming has been doing it for years and has vegetables that he dehydrated in this manner that are going on ten years old. …Read More...
Yesterday my wife and I decided to dehydrate a few vegetables. We found some peas, frozen corn and mixed vegetables on sale at a local discount house. These were taken home and placed in our old electric dehydrator. They were then allowed to dry over night. The following morning we had a nice bunch of dehydrated vegetables.
We temporarily store them in a plastic bag until we get enough to fill a one gallon Mylar pouch. If you put an oxygen absorber into the pouch the food will keep for years.
I have a friend who has filled five gallon buckets with bags of frozen food he has dehydrated in this manner.…Read More...