Preparedness Advice Blog
- 2 Safety tips for your kids: The sound of gunfire & concealment vs. cover
- Sprouting new garden plants from seeds: tips from an old pro
- How to build a practical, affordable prepper library
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Watch for these February bargains
- 9 Must-Haves for your Glove Box
- 4 Simple but Clever Ways to Keep Cooking Oil Fresh Longer
Tag Archives: dehydrating herbs.
Buying herbs in the grocery stores are very expensive and you don’t get a very large amount. So now is the time to start planning what you want to grow and dry. Are you planning on using herbs for cooking, teas, or making potpourri?
Herbs are the easies to dry, because of the low moisture content. Spread them out on the shelves of your dryer, drying rack outside or by bundling and hanging them in a warm place inside. If drying outside be careful they don’t blow away when dry. Cover with cheesecloth or netting.
If well preserved the flavor will last 6 to 12 months, you usually don’t need to wash them if you grow them organically. …Read More...