Preparedness Advice Blog
- A House Fire Changed My Family Forever
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge!
- What can a Billy Joel concert teach us about situational awareness?
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson
- The Beginner’s Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever
Tag Archives: dehydration
With summer, starting it is important that we start to protect ourselves from heat related illnesses. Dehydration is the most important factor leading to heat illnesses. Water is a critical element in the body, and you must have adequate hydration for the body to function properly. The human body contains up to 75% water.
Dehydration occurs when the body loose water faster than it take it in. The human body loses water for many reasons.
- You lose moisture every time you take a breath
- Sweating from exercise, you can sweat 2 quarts of water per hour.
- Urination or bowel movements
To protect yourself against dehydration in a hot environment, if hiking you should drink 1 gallon of water for every 20 miles you hike at night and 2 gallons per 20 miles during the day. …Read More...