Preparedness Advice Blog
- A House Fire Changed My Family Forever
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge!
- What can a Billy Joel concert teach us about situational awareness?
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson
- The Beginner’s Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever
Tag Archives: dentist
Yesterday I was having supper with two of my grandchildren when I got to noticing the braces on their teeth. That brought up the question of what to do about braces in a long-term emergency. At what point do you remove them and how?
After a bit of research I found out the following. I couldn’t find a good answer as to when to take them off. I have looked on the internet and have found some you tubes showing how to remove braces. This one seems to be about the best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv4a2XO1QLI.
It looks like it is fairly easy to remove braces, if they are of this type.…Read More...
The other day I had to go to the dentist for a filling. This always makes me think of the first experience with a dentist that I can remember. It was in South Africa in the early 1950’s and I had a filling done. Well there was no such thing as Novocain, just hang on and endure the pain. My father and I were talking about this afterwards and he says on his first trip to the dentist, the drill was powered with a foot peddle (he is 90).
Anyway, my trip was pain free and quick. Now this set me to thinking what you do about dental problems in a long-term major disaster situation. …Read More...