Preparedness Advice Blog
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List
- 28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI
Tag Archives: digging bars
This morning I got up early and planted a couple of fruit trees before it got to hot. Now the area in which we live is in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains and the soil can be very rocky in places. One of the holes went pretty easy; the soil was good and still contained enough moisture to make digging easy. But the other one was hard and I needed a digging bar.
Now I spent a fair amount of time helping others with prepping and digging bars are something I don’t see too often. If you have rocky hardpan soil like mine you will need a good digging bar or two. …Read More...