Preparedness Advice Blog
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival
- What’s Bugging You? Dealing With Parasites in Humans
- Last Minute Holiday Gifts for the Prepper Dad
Tag Archives: Dill Pickles
I found the recipe that I wrote an article about several weeks ago Dill Pickles. This dill pickle recipe is the one I asked if any one knew about. It was given to me many years ago by a cousin and I thought I remembered right, but since I didn’t hear from any old timers out there I thought I was wrong. (Wouldn’t be the first time.] Any ways this recipe you don’t have to water bath and they are the best dill pickles I have ever had, homemade or store bought.
This recipe was found in the Huntsville Heritage cookbook, handed down from colonial days.…Read More...
For years I have been looking for a recipe that a family member gave me when my son was about 7 years old, he will be 50 in June, so I have been looking for a long time. I obviously have not been looking hard enough. LOL Well any ways I found one similar to it in my canning book and since I have planted some pickles, I thought I had better get busy and find a recipe that is easy.
I love dill pickles but the salt is a problem, since I blow up like a balloon after enjoying one. …Read More...
Years ago, I had a recipe for dill pickles. Of course I have lost it and have kicked myself ever since. They were the best dill pickles I have ever made, or bought. I don’t remember ever putting mine in a hot water bath, so the following recipe comes pretty close. This is also from a friend, he does these every year.
Quick Dill Pickles
- 4 pounds of cucumbers
- 6 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons dill seed or 9 heads of fresh or dried dill weed
- 18 whole black peppercorns or 3 small dried red peppers
- For whole cucumbers, small size up to 4 inches long is preferred.