Preparedness Advice Blog
- The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard
- Survival Shopping at Costco: A Quick and Easy Guide
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
Tag Archives: double bitted axe
In everything, I have read about the pioneers in the early United States, other than a gun or a knife the axe was their most important tool. It helped build houses, provided firewood and cleared fields.
A good axe is something we all need to have. But how many people know what kind they need. Different axes are meant for different uses.
- Felling axe – Cuts across the grain of wood, as in the felling of trees. Can be single or double bitted (the bit is the cutting edge of the head) and comes in different weights, shapes and handle types.