Preparedness Advice Blog
- The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard
- Survival Shopping at Costco: A Quick and Easy Guide
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
Tag Archives: drying tomatoes
This morning we got up early to dry some tomatoes and a few peaches. It is going to be a hot day, so we decided to use an outdoor drying rack (An Easy to Make Drying Rack). Tomatoes dry well and are easy to prepare.
Start by making sure the tomatoes are not over ripe. The best tomatoes are large ones that are just starting to get ripe. You want them to be firm. Wash your tomatoes and remove any damage or bad areas. Slice them into evenly sized slices about a ¼-inch thick.
Spread them out on the drying rack early in the day and they should be finished by nightfall. …Read More...