Preparedness Advice Blog
- The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard
- Survival Shopping at Costco: A Quick and Easy Guide
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
Tag Archives: ducks
Yesterday, my son, grandson and a friend went duck hunting. Over the course of the day, they shot 18 ducks. Being not quite as conservative minded as myself, they merely removed the breasts and got rid of the rest. Now in good times this is acceptable, but what about in hard times. Now I know there is not a lot of meat on the remainder of the duck, but it would be well worth saving.
The body of the duck minus the breasts can be used to make good soup and stews. Every time we have duck, my wife ends up making soup from the remains. …Read More...