Preparedness Advice Blog
- Prepper To Prepper: The Hawaii Missile Alert, This Is Not A Drill
- 17 things you probably didn’t know about honey, but definitely should!
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Watch for these January bargains
- Take the 2017 End-of-Year Prepper Evaluation
- Prepper To Prepper: What Is In Your Everyday Carry?
Tag Archives: edible ornamental flowers
The other day I post an article on 82 different edible flowers at that time I said that I would write further and explain how some of them can be used. Here are three common edible ornamental flowers that you encounter all the time that can be eaten in an emergency.
Carnations (Dianthus caryophyllus – also known as Dianthus) – The petals of carnations can be eaten either raw or cooked. The flavor is slightly peppery and spicy. Miniature carnations have a light clove or nutmeg taste. You can use the carnation petals in salads or even cook them as a vegetable. …Read More...