Preparedness Advice Blog
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List
- 28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI
Tag Archives: edible ornamental flowers
The other day I post an article on 82 different edible flowers at that time I said that I would write further and explain how some of them can be used. Here are three common edible ornamental flowers that you encounter all the time that can be eaten in an emergency.
Carnations (Dianthus caryophyllus – also known as Dianthus) – The petals of carnations can be eaten either raw or cooked. The flavor is slightly peppery and spicy. Miniature carnations have a light clove or nutmeg taste. You can use the carnation petals in salads or even cook them as a vegetable. …Read More...