Preparedness Advice Blog
- A House Fire Changed My Family Forever
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge!
- What can a Billy Joel concert teach us about situational awareness?
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson
- The Beginner’s Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever
Tag Archives: eggshells
My vegetable and flower soil looks like it has the measles. I have mixed the soil with eggshells. The eggshells have a lot of nutrients that the plants need. Your eggshells are recycled and you have cheap food for the soil. The calcium from eggshells in garden soil moderates soil acidity while providing nutrients to plants.
I gathered up a bunch of eggshells from breakfast and baking. It doesn’t take long to gather a couple of dozen I rinse them in cold water and put them on a cookie sheet in the oven. You then sterilize them in a 200°F (93°C) oven for 30 minutes.…Read More...