Preparedness Advice Blog
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge!
- What can a Billy Joel concert teach us about situational awareness?
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson
- The Beginner’s Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever
- 10 Uses For Tomato Powder
Tag Archives: elderly
One of the more challenging decisions you may be faced with is when to bug out. A lot of us who consider ourselves seasoned preppers with a good number of survival skills might be tempted to wait until the last minute because we’re not convinced the situation is so dire that we couldn’t survive. Also, admit it, we don’t want to look foolish in front of our friends and neighbors if the crisis turns out to be a big, fat nothingburger.
However, if any of the following scenarios are a part of your life, it would be prudent to be in that first wave of people heading out of town.…Read More...
If you have any loved ones who are elderly, or handicapped because of physical or mental problems you have some hard decisions to make. Do you bug in or bug out? Do you leave someone to their fate? These are decisions you need to make ahead of time. If you bug out, how do you move them?
If you have vehicle transportation this is not too bad a problem. How about if you are on foot? With a little aid, I have seen physically impaired people in other parts of the world, show extraordinary adaptability to get around. They have used everything from sticks, shopping carts, car dollies, skateboards and wheelbarrows. …Read More...