Preparedness Advice Blog
- Smart Advice to Help You Survive the Government Shutdown — or any other surprise financial setback
- 3 Key Medical Concepts to Teach Every Child
- How to Choose the Best Straw Water Filter For You
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Give this a try and have an extra $1378 by the end of the year!
- Build Your Best-Ever Emergency Kit
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
Tag Archives: elderly
One of the more challenging decisions you may be faced with is when to bug out. A lot of us who consider ourselves seasoned preppers with a good number of survival skills might be tempted to wait until the last minute because we’re not convinced the situation is so dire that we couldn’t survive. Also, admit it, we don’t want to look foolish in front of our friends and neighbors if the crisis turns out to be a big, fat nothingburger.
However, if any of the following scenarios are a part of your life, it would be prudent to be in that first wave of people heading out of town.…Read More...
If you have any loved ones who are elderly, or handicapped because of physical or mental problems you have some hard decisions to make. Do you bug in or bug out? Do you leave someone to their fate? These are decisions you need to make ahead of time. If you bug out, how do you move them?
If you have vehicle transportation this is not too bad a problem. How about if you are on foot? With a little aid, I have seen physically impaired people in other parts of the world, show extraordinary adaptability to get around. They have used everything from sticks, shopping carts, car dollies, skateboards and wheelbarrows. …Read More...