Preparedness Advice Blog
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge!
- What can a Billy Joel concert teach us about situational awareness?
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson
- The Beginner’s Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever
- 10 Uses For Tomato Powder
Tag Archives: Emergency Response Guidebook
A book that you should have if you live near a railroad, major highway or industrial area is the Emergency Response Guidebook. This is a guidebook for first responders in any type of hazardous materials incident. The book provides the codes to read the diamond shaped plaques that are located on the sides of vehicles carrying hazardous or dangerous materials.
It helps you to identify the material and provides you with information on health hazards, dangers of fire and explosion and evacuations distances. With this book and a pair of binoculars, you can stand off at a distance read the plaques and identify the hazards. …Read More...