Preparedness Advice Blog
- 4 Children’s Organizations that Introduce Survival Basics
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Be Canning Your Own Meat
- 7 Skin Cancer Prevention Tips for Children
- The WaterBrick: One of the Most Useful, Versatile Survival Tools, Probably Ever
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: April showers bring May bargains
- Wild Violets: 10 ways to put them to use
Tag Archives: Emergency Response Guidebook
A book that you should have if you live near a railroad, major highway or industrial area is the Emergency Response Guidebook. This is a guidebook for first responders in any type of hazardous materials incident. The book provides the codes to read the diamond shaped plaques that are located on the sides of vehicles carrying hazardous or dangerous materials.
It helps you to identify the material and provides you with information on health hazards, dangers of fire and explosion and evacuations distances. With this book and a pair of binoculars, you can stand off at a distance read the plaques and identify the hazards. …Read More...