Preparedness Advice Blog
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival
- What’s Bugging You? Dealing With Parasites in Humans
- Last Minute Holiday Gifts for the Prepper Dad
Tag Archives: evacuation plan
This is a guest post that addresses a problem that I have seen during my years in fire and law enforcement. You need an evacuation plan especially if you have young children and elderly or disabled people in your home. I have personally seen instances of your children hiding in a closet from a fire and dieing there. Also don’t forget to have a meeting place outside your home.
Whether you are preparing for the big one or the many small ones that may come before it, you need to have a well-designed home evacuation plan. When things start to go wrong in the place where you rest your head, you need to get out and be safe while doing so.…Read More...
Every day on the evening news, I see where many people have to evacuate their homes due to the current wildfires. While I have never had to evacuate I have been put on notice to prepare for evacuation and understand the panic that this can cause if you are not prepared and don’t have an evacuation plan. There are really two types of evacuations, one where the evacuation is likely to be long-term such as TEOTWAWKI or a local evacuation in which you can return even if your property is damaged or destroyed. A wildfire, hurricane of earthquake would be an example of this.…Read More...