Preparedness Advice Blog
- 4 Children’s Organizations that Introduce Survival Basics
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Be Canning Your Own Meat
- 7 Skin Cancer Prevention Tips for Children
- The WaterBrick: One of the Most Useful, Versatile Survival Tools, Probably Ever
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: April showers bring May bargains
- Wild Violets: 10 ways to put them to use
Tag Archives: Evacuations
I like the idea of bugging out as much as the next guy, testing my mettle against zombies and a world without a power grid.
The reality is that most of us, by far, will be better off in an SHTF scenario staying right where we are — at home. The reasons to bug in far outweigh most other options. Over the years I’ve given this a lot of thought because like a lot of you, I, too, was swept up in all the glamour of planning to bug out. It’s the stuff prepper novels are made of but it’s what I call over-rated prepper advice!…Read More...
Every now and then reality strikes. Not to far from where I live a railroad car fire and possible propane explosion forced the evacuation of 5000 homes in the city of Lincoln. Some people that I am acquainted with were forced to leave their homes on short notice.
Being interested in preparedness, we all like to think that we are ready for anything. So as a result of some of the things I observed I measured what happened against my own plans. Looking at my own bug out bag, I found some shortcomings for this situation.
My kit is made for a more end of the world scenario, not a trip across town to stay with friends or in a motel. …Read More...