Preparedness Advice Blog
- The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard
- Survival Shopping at Costco: A Quick and Easy Guide
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
Tag Archives: evaporative cooler
Instructions for Making an Iceless Refrigerator
In the past these types of coolers were common in parts of the United States. I have seen them still in use in the American Southwest. They work best in a hot dry climate, since they depend on evaporation for cooling.
Make a wooden or PVC pipe frame approximately 48 -58 inches high by 12 -18 inches wide and deep. Cover the outside with a wire screen or hardware cloth. The covering should be something that preferably will not rust and will keep insects out. The top should be screen and the bottom solid. Make a door for one side and hang it on hinges or leather straps. …Read More...