Preparedness Advice Blog
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival
- What’s Bugging You? Dealing With Parasites in Humans
- Last Minute Holiday Gifts for the Prepper Dad
Tag Archives: exit plan
Smoke is responsible for three out of four fire related deaths.
Install smoke detectors on every level of your home, outside of sleeping areas and in bedrooms. Don’t install in kitchen, the false alarms will drive you crazy.
Test every smoke detector once a month. Replace the batteries once a year or more often if the detector makes a chirping sound.
Your fire extinguisher should be a minimum of 4A10BC (see specifications on name plate) and U.L. or State fire Marshal approved.…Read More...