Preparedness Advice Blog
- Join my new 5-day Challenge, DO IT NOW 2020
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival
- What’s Bugging You? Dealing With Parasites in Humans
Tag Archives: Family Radio Service
The Family Radio Service (FRS) is an improved walkie talkie radio system that was first authorized for use in the United States in 1996. This system uses channelized frequencies around 462 and 467 MHz in the ultra high frequency (UHF) band. FRS radios are limited to 500 milliwatts by FCC regulations.
FRS radios frequently have provisions for using sub-audible tone squelch codes, these filters out unwanted chatter from other users on the same frequency. Although these codes are sometimes called “privacy codes” or “private line codes” (PL codes), they offer no protection from eavesdropping and are only intended to help share busy channels. …Read More...