Preparedness Advice Blog
- The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard
- Survival Shopping at Costco: A Quick and Easy Guide
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
Tag Archives: fats
After receiving several comments and emails, I decided to write a bit more about oils. The following comment by Lynda Eggimann describes the situation well. When things are good we try to get fat OUT of our diets, when things are bad, we have to get fats INTO our diets. It’s just a different way to think about those oils.
A cookbook from 1918 had a section on fats and oils which included the following statement. “In the purchase of meat, the careful housewife should see that the butcher gives her all the fat she pays for, as all fats can be rendered very easily at home and can be used for cooking purposes”. …Read More...