Preparedness Advice Blog
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge!
- What can a Billy Joel concert teach us about situational awareness?
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson
- The Beginner’s Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever
- 10 Uses For Tomato Powder
Tag Archives: feral dogs
In the area in which I live, we often see feral cats and occasionally a wild dog. Dogs seem to draw more attention and in today’s world are normally rounded up and taken to the pound. Cats on the other hand seem to thrive and multiply. After TEOTWAWKI, feral domestic animals can pose a real problem. Many people will just turn them loose to fend for themselves.
Dogs are a problem for the obvious reason. They can be large, threatening and hunt in packs. In some areas, they are already a problem. See the previous posts I have written on this subject. …Read More...
Every year in our area, we have to build deer proof fences around our family gardens. These have to be a least 6-foot high or the deer will jump them. Our chicken coops have to be well built to protect the chickens from raccoons, coyotes, foxes and other predators. Bears will periodically visit garbage cans within a short distance of our home. Because of the stupidity of game laws, cougars are seen regularly around the outskirts of our community. Feral cats are all over the area and are hard on the local bird population.
Now I know it a real emergency with laws the deer, wild turkeys and other small game would rapidly disappear.…Read More...