Preparedness Advice Blog
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List
- 28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI
Tag Archives: fermented vegetables
If you have never had fermented vegetables, you don’t know what you are missing. I have a Harsch Crock and love to use it to make things like sauerkraut, and other types of fermented vegetables. The Harsch Crock is from Eastern Europe and my wife loves it. Once you put the veggies in the crock and put the lid on you fill a gutter with water and that seals the crock and keeps the odors down. My wife likes the finished product but not the smells it gives off while being made.
What actually occurs is Lacto-fermentation. Bacteria are responsible for lacto-fermentation.…Read More...