Preparedness Advice Blog
- The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard
- Survival Shopping at Costco: A Quick and Easy Guide
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
Tag Archives: filter
The other day I got a change to test a Platypus Gravityworks pump free water system. It is a simple almost foolproof system. It consists of two well made plastic bags one marked clean, the other dirty, the filter and two hoses. One hose connects to the clean water bag, the other to the dirty bag. It is impossible to connect the wrong hose to a bag. The fittings are different. The only place you could make a mistake is to install the filter the wrong way around. But even this would be hard to do; the filter is well marked with the direction of water flow. …Read More...
I recently had the chance to use a Sweetwater Microfilter Purifier System. At first glance I was a bit skeptical, but as I used it, I fell in love with it. It is an impressive, easy to use filter. It was simple and quick to assemble or disassemble.
When I first removed it from the box, I found the instructions easy to understand. The first step is to run a brush through the filter element to remove any debris left from the factory. Next you assemble the unit and run a little clean water through it. This removes anything you stirred loose with the brush.…Read More...