Preparedness Advice Blog
- A House Fire Changed My Family Forever
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge!
- What can a Billy Joel concert teach us about situational awareness?
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson
- The Beginner’s Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever
Tag Archives: fire fighting
The King Fire continues to burn and people are losing homes not to many miles from where I live. This has me thinking about what information I can give you, to help prevent you from being a fire victim. There are a few basic things that you need to understand about wildland fires in order to save your home.
When they become large, they give off burning embers that are carried on the wind. On some fires, these have started small fires as far as 3 miles ahead of the main fire.
As the fire gets closer to your home regardless of the firebreak you have around it, it will probably be bombarded with hot burning embers. …Read More...