Preparedness Advice Blog
- Join my new 5-day Challenge, DO IT NOW 2020
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival
- What’s Bugging You? Dealing With Parasites in Humans
Tag Archives: fire steel
Last week my husband challenged me to start a fire with anything I could find in the yard. Well folks, it wasn’t as easy as it sounded or I thought it would be to start a fire.
We all watch these programs on TV were they are out in the woods on a survival program and have to start a fire. Sitting in your house watching them working and working to start a fire I am thinking to myself how stupid some of them are, because they can’t get a spark or find the materials needed.
Well let me tell you I don’t make fun of them anymore.…Read More...
A fire is an extremely important survival tool and can be used for the following purposes: purifying water, cooking food, creating smoke and light signals, providing warmth, keeping animals and predators away, drying your clothes, aid in the making of tools, and keeping insects away. Also remember that a few smaller fires provide more heat than one large fire. Knowing how to build a fire is considered to be the best survival skill to have so start practicing and become an expert.
Always have at least two, preferably three ways of making a fire on demand. With waterproof matches, a butane lighter, and a magnesium fire starter or firesteel you should be able to create a fire at anytime and any place no matter how harsh the conditions.…Read More...