Preparedness Advice Blog
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List
- 28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI
Tag Archives: fire
In case of an earthquake, fire, or gas leak it is important that you know how to turn off the natural gas at the meter. First know where your gas meter is located. If you live in an apartment there may be several meters, find out before hand which is yours. Do not shut off the gas unless you smell gas, hear gas escaping, or see a broken gas line or if you suspect a gas leak.
It is really pretty simple to turn the gas off. There is a valve on the pipe coming into the meter that takes a quarter turn to shut it off. …Read More...
There are many different types of extinguishers, but today I plan to discuss only the ABC extinguisher. They are by far the most versatile and my personal choice.
ABC – This is the multipurpose dry chemical extinguisher. The ABC type is filled with monoammonium phosphate, a yellow powder. The chemical is non-conductive and can be mildly corrosive if moisture is present. In order to avoid corrosion, it is necessary to scrub and thoroughly cleanup the contacted area once the fire is out.…Read More...