Preparedness Advice Blog
- Join my new 5-day Challenge, DO IT NOW 2020
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival
- What’s Bugging You? Dealing With Parasites in Humans
Tag Archives: food cooler
Here is a simple way to keep food cool in the summer. I found this in an old book on farming. A plastic or metal barrel or a waterproofed wood box could be used in place of the wooden barrel.
A very convenient and serviceable place to keep dairy products may be formed by sinking a large barrel in the ground. A shady spot should be chosen, or the heat of the sun will affect the temperature.
Fill in around the barrel with small stones, gravel and sand, dampened in order to maintain coolness. Construct a box around and above the top of the barrel, and bank up with solid earth, preferably clay. …Read More...