Preparedness Advice Blog
Tag Archives: food production
The factors that we took in consideration for food production were
- The length of the animal’s gestation period.
- Does the animal product multiple births and how long to maturity.
- Can the animal live off your land?
- Does it compete for resources with you?
- What type of workload does it create for you?
- Can it be butchered easily at home?
- Do you have the resources to preserve the quantity of meat? Remember you are preserving the meat without refrigeration.