Preparedness Advice Blog
- A House Fire Changed My Family Forever
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge!
- What can a Billy Joel concert teach us about situational awareness?
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson
- The Beginner’s Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever
Tag Archives: foods to store
The following is a revised list of foods that I recommend for your storage. This is not all-inclusive but is a good starting point. The amount of food that you store will depend on several things. How long a time are you planning on living on your storage? How many in your family? How heavy eaters are you? I know there are many recommendations and I have made some myself, but the bottom line is you need to make up your own mind on how much food you store.
- Wheat, if stored correctly, good for at least 30 years.
- Oats, can stored up to 30 years
- Spelt, similar to wheat but with more protein and some people with mild wheat allergies can tolerate it.