Preparedness Advice Blog
- Smart Advice to Help You Survive the Government Shutdown — or any other surprise financial setback
- 3 Key Medical Concepts to Teach Every Child
- How to Choose the Best Straw Water Filter For You
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Give this a try and have an extra $1378 by the end of the year!
- Build Your Best-Ever Emergency Kit
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
Tag Archives: Foods
Recently I wrote a post on my belief that most preppers would end up having to bug in. Now even though I believe that, I still have a bug out bag and a get home bag in my car. Always have as many options as possible. A question that always seems to come up on bags that are kept in the car is what type of food will withstand the changes in temperature.
Over the years, I have seen all types of suggestions, from just a plain sack of whole-wheat berries to freeze dried meals. Now where I live foods in the trunk of my vehicle will be exposed to 100 degree F plus temperatures in the summer to below freezing in the winter.…Read More...