Preparedness Advice Blog
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival
- What’s Bugging You? Dealing With Parasites in Humans
- Last Minute Holiday Gifts for the Prepper Dad
Tag Archives: freeze dried food
What do you have in your food storage? In the last few years, I have encountered people that have all kinds of different food storage plans. These include some of the following.
Freeze-dried and dehydrated foods
I have met people who have a long-term food storage consisting almost entirely of #10 cans of freeze-dried and dehydrated foods. Many of them have purchased these foods as a unit. The first thing to check is the calories per day. Many of these units are low in calories. If you have to work hard, you will require a higher number of calories than you do today. …Read More...
Yesterday I spent part of the day talking to suppliers of various food and food preparedness items (grain mills and camping stoves). I was amazed at what I found out. Almost everybody was either short of stock or just plain out. The companies I spoke to had a wait time of a month or longer.
With all that is going on in our economy I would encourage you not to wait any longer, but stock up and get what you can. When you purchase dehydrated or freeze dried foods, ask the dealer if any of the food products came from China. …Read More...