Preparedness Advice Blog
- Prepper To Prepper: The Hawaii Missile Alert, This Is Not A Drill
- 17 things you probably didn’t know about honey, but definitely should!
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Watch for these January bargains
- Take the 2017 End-of-Year Prepper Evaluation
- Prepper To Prepper: What Is In Your Everyday Carry?
Tag Archives: freezer burn
Well, today is cleaning the freezer day. It’s been a while since this has been done, and believe me, it was due. I don’t know why we insist on saving the last drop of gravy or a few spoonfuls of vegetables, but we do. Very often they are freezer burned and unusable by the time we find them again.
What is freezer burn and why does it happen?
Freezer burn is a major culprit in frozen food becoming unpalatable. It will set in if:
- Your freezer temperature fluctuates.
- Food wasn’t stored in freezer-safe containers.
- Food is left in longer than it should be.