Preparedness Advice Blog
- The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard
- Survival Shopping at Costco: A Quick and Easy Guide
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
Tag Archives: fruit leather
Here is another article by a friend.
Just about everyone knows about the zucchini curse. Plant even a single zucchini seed in the spring and by midsummer you’re getting so many zucchinis you don’t know what to do with them all. Steamed zucchini, zucchini bread, zucchini jam. Some desperate people go so far as to unburden themselves of extra zucchini by secretly putting bags of them on the front seats of unlocked cars. It’s a sin. If only watermelons were that prolific.
The sad truth is that the same thing happens with fruit trees. It doesn’t take many years after those first slender twigs are planted in the yard before you’re awash in fruit.…Read More...
Here are a few Apple Leather recipes you might like. I don’t like making things that take forever. I always want simple “get it done” recipes.
Prepare about one quart chopped apples, removing cores but not skins. Place enough water in a blender, with a few chucks of apples, start blending action. Keep adding apples until consistency is that of applesauce.
Prepare plastic wrap: about 12×18, held down with tape, so it doesn’t curl.…Read More...