Preparedness Advice Blog
- A House Fire Changed My Family Forever
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge!
- What can a Billy Joel concert teach us about situational awareness?
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson
- The Beginner’s Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever
Tag Archives: gas meter
In case of an earthquake, fire, or gas leak it is important that you know how to turn off the natural gas at the meter. First know where your gas meter is located. If you live in an apartment there may be several meters, find out before hand which is yours. Do not shut off the gas unless you smell gas, hear gas escaping, or see a broken gas line or if you suspect a gas leak.
It is really pretty simple to turn the gas off. There is a valve on the pipe coming into the meter that takes a quarter turn to shut it off. …Read More...