Preparedness Advice Blog
- Smart Advice to Help You Survive the Government Shutdown — or any other surprise financial setback
- 3 Key Medical Concepts to Teach Every Child
- How to Choose the Best Straw Water Filter For You
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Give this a try and have an extra $1378 by the end of the year!
- Build Your Best-Ever Emergency Kit
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
Tag Archives: gasification
As early as the 1860s gasification was used to power internal combustion engines. Gasification has been an important and common technology which was widely used to generate Town gas from coal mainly for lighting purposes during the 19th and early 20th century.
During World War II gasoline was rationed and in short supply in both Great Britain and in the United States and large numbers of such generators were constructed or even improvised to convert wood and coal into fuel for vehicles. Commercial generators were in production before and after the war for use in special circumstances or in distressed economies. …Read More...