Preparedness Advice Blog
- Prepper To Prepper: The Hawaii Missile Alert, This Is Not A Drill
- 17 things you probably didn’t know about honey, but definitely should!
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Watch for these January bargains
- Take the 2017 End-of-Year Prepper Evaluation
- Prepper To Prepper: What Is In Your Everyday Carry?
Tag Archives: graniteWare
The solar oven shown in the picture from the Solar Cook Off is one of the simplest I have seen. It is an inexpensive cardboard oven that he purchased from Solar Cookers International (http://solarcookers.org/) several years ago. My friend uses it almost every day. He often cooks his lunch on the hood of his truck while he is at work.
If you look close at the picture, you will notice that he found an old large Tupperware style container with a lid. He sets that in the oven with painted quart jars of food inside. The jars are painted black except for a strip on the side so you can check on the food. …Read More...
Cooking with a solar oven is different than cooking with your kitchen range. For instance most kitchen ranges cook from the bottom up. A box type solar oven cooks from the top down. This is one of the reasons you need to experiment with your solar oven.
If you are cooking bread or muffins, try putting a heat sink under the pan. This will help make sure they are not too moist on the bottom. …Read More...