Preparedness Advice Blog
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List
- 28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI
Tag Archives: grinding.Howard
What do you do with wheat berries when you don’t have a grinder?
They can be cooked without grinding, by a couple of different methods. Whole berries can be steamed and then used as a hot cereal. Steam them in a double boiler, with a ratio of 5 cups wheat to seven of water. Cook until soft.
A second method is to soak the wheat berries over night and then cook in the morning. This produces a cereal similar to steaming the berries. With milk and sugar, this is a good tasting cereal. It can be eaten plain, but it is pretty bland.…Read More...