Preparedness Advice Blog
- Prepper To Prepper: The Hawaii Missile Alert, This Is Not A Drill
- 17 things you probably didn’t know about honey, but definitely should!
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Watch for these January bargains
- Take the 2017 End-of-Year Prepper Evaluation
- Prepper To Prepper: What Is In Your Everyday Carry?
Tag Archives: grits
I am always looking for new ways to use foods that are easy to grow and prepare. I recently become interested in grits. Now grits are very popular in the South, two thirds of the ones sold in the U.S are sold in the south.
The Native Americans were using grits long before the white man arrived. Grits are small broken grains of corn. There are basically two types “corn” grits and “hominy” grits.
In the past, I have put up a post on making hominy, but never on corn grits. Hominy is made from field corn that is soaked in lye water (potash water in the old days) and stirred over the next day or two until the entire shell or bran comes loose and rises to the top. …Read More...