Preparedness Advice Blog
- Join my new 5-day Challenge, DO IT NOW 2020
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival
- What’s Bugging You? Dealing With Parasites in Humans
Tag Archives: gun control
At the time HIPAA, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, was enacted, it was claimed that it would protect the privacy of people’s identifiable health information. Since then it has been left alone with only minor changes. However on Jan 4, 2016, the Federal Government at the direction of President Obama modified HIPAA to allow health care works to report suspected individuals with mental problems to NICS (The National Instant Criminal Background Check System).
Since then I have been trying to find out what exactly this means. Recently I received the following information from a friend. This is a summary of an article published in Clinical Psychiatry News.…Read More...