Preparedness Advice Blog
- Smart Advice to Help You Survive the Government Shutdown — or any other surprise financial setback
- 3 Key Medical Concepts to Teach Every Child
- How to Choose the Best Straw Water Filter For You
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Give this a try and have an extra $1378 by the end of the year!
- Build Your Best-Ever Emergency Kit
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
Tag Archives: hand crank meat grinders.Howard
It seems like almost everytime I go to a garage sale I see an old-fashioned meat grinder for sale. You know one of those hand crank ones for making your own hamburger. I have one stuffed away somewhere in our pile of odds and ends. In the past, I have not really considered them of any great value. I figured I could get by without any hamburger.
However, I have been studying different ways to preserve meats without refrigeration. I am amazed at the wide variety of sausages that were used. They made them out of almost any type of meat, beef, pork, chicken, lamb, venison and other wild game. …Read More...