Preparedness Advice Blog
- The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard
- Survival Shopping at Costco: A Quick and Easy Guide
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
Tag Archives: hard winter wheat
Wheat is one of the easiest and cheapest foods to store. It provides lots of calories and good nutrients. If you are gluten intolerant, you will want to store different types of grains. Under the right conditions, wheat stores well for many years. Wheat found in the tomes of the Egyptian Pharaohs still sprouted.
There are several different types of wheat, but the best for storage is the hard red or hard white spring or winter wheat. Hard wheat’s are small hard grains with a higher protein value (12-14% protein). They make excellent bread because they tend to have high gluten content. …Read More...