Preparedness Advice Blog
- A House Fire Changed My Family Forever
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge!
- What can a Billy Joel concert teach us about situational awareness?
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson
- The Beginner’s Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever
Tag Archives: havahart traps
A friend of mine who regularly traps skunks and other pests has found a way to live trap skunks without them having a chance to spray. He takes a Havahart trap and removes the back. A piece of 8-10 inch plastic pipe about 18-20 inches long is then attached to the trap. Put a pipe cap or plug over the rear opening. Between the opening in the trap and the front of the pipe, a sliding door is located.
After the trap is sprung, you can identify the animal from a distance to determine what you have in your trap. Unless you choose to release the animal immediately, approach the trap from the rear or side. …Read More...