Preparedness Advice Blog
- Smart Advice to Help You Survive the Government Shutdown — or any other surprise financial setback
- 3 Key Medical Concepts to Teach Every Child
- How to Choose the Best Straw Water Filter For You
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Give this a try and have an extra $1378 by the end of the year!
- Build Your Best-Ever Emergency Kit
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
Tag Archives: hazardous material
A book that you should have if you live near a railroad, major highway or industrial area is the Emergency Response Guidebook. This is a guidebook for first responders in any type of hazardous materials incident. The book provides the codes to read the diamond shaped plaques that are located on the sides of vehicles carrying hazardous or dangerous materials.
It helps you to identify the material and provides you with information on health hazards, dangers of fire and explosion and evacuations distances. With this book and a pair of binoculars, you can stand off at a distance read the plaques and identify the hazards. …Read More...