Preparedness Advice Blog
- The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard
- Survival Shopping at Costco: A Quick and Easy Guide
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
Tag Archives: hiding cooking odors
One question that I hear regularly is if there is a food shortage, how do you go about hiding cooking odors from others. Depending on where you live, this can be a serious problem. Food odors can carry for some distance and if people are hungry, it seems like their sense of smell is sharper. After some thought I have put together a list of ideas that may help with hiding cooking odors.
12 tips for hiding cooking odors
- Avoid strong smelling spicy foods. I like curry but you can smell it a mile away. If you want to use strong spices, add them just before serving.