Preparedness Advice Blog
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List
- 28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI
Tag Archives: Homemade Mayonnaise
Homemade mayonnaise, yum. Have you ever tried it? We don’t use much mayonnaise, but when I need some it’s easy to make and will keep for a week if refrigerated. You can use different seasonings like minced garlic to jazzy it up for sandwiches.
I know that some of you out there don’t like mayonnaise and prefer Miracle whip as some of our family does. But that is not mayonnaise, please don’t take offense if you are one of them, but to me it’s just a spread. Try making homemade and see what you think.
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- Pinch of paprika
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 pint chilled vegetable oil or olive oil (I use olive oil)
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
Mix the dry ingredients, blend in eggs, and then slowly add vinegar while stirring vigorously.…Read More...