Preparedness Advice Blog
- How to survive a boil notice
- 2 Safety tips for your kids: The sound of gunfire & concealment vs. cover
- Sprouting new garden plants from seeds: tips from an old pro
- How to build a practical, affordable prepper library
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Watch for these February bargains
- 9 Must-Haves for your Glove Box
Tag Archives: How Dependent are You on Electricity?
Now I like to think that I can get by without electricity. So this week, I took the time to do a survey of our home to see how much we depended on electricity. The idea being how much would a long-term loss of electricity affect us. This study revealed some interesting results.
- Clocks – I realized that all our clocks were electric with the exception of one older wristwatch.
- Lights – here we had plenty of backup. We have a couple of small solar systems and kerosene that would supply adequate lighting if the power is out.
- Heat – here we are a bit weak, but it doesn’t get very cold here for extended periods of time.