Preparedness Advice Blog
- The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard
- Survival Shopping at Costco: A Quick and Easy Guide
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
Tag Archives: How much food
The following is an article published by Utah State University Cooperative Extension on How Much Food to store. This was published in 1995, but I believe it is still valid today. Notice the strong emphasis on growing and preserving foods and how your storage will vary with the seasons.
How Much Food to Store
“Many families or individuals desire to maintain a 12-month supply of food. Most food storage systems in Utah involve growing and preserving food at home from gardens and orchards. Generally, these sources provide a major portion of foods to the storage systems between June and October. …Read More...