Preparedness Advice Blog
- A House Fire Changed My Family Forever
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge!
- What can a Billy Joel concert teach us about situational awareness?
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson
- The Beginner’s Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever
Tag Archives: How much food
The following is an article published by Utah State University Cooperative Extension on How Much Food to store. This was published in 1995, but I believe it is still valid today. Notice the strong emphasis on growing and preserving foods and how your storage will vary with the seasons.
How Much Food to Store
“Many families or individuals desire to maintain a 12-month supply of food. Most food storage systems in Utah involve growing and preserving food at home from gardens and orchards. Generally, these sources provide a major portion of foods to the storage systems between June and October. …Read More...