Preparedness Advice Blog
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List
- 28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI
Tag Archives: http://preparednessadvice.com/food_storage/rotating-food/#.Vvqwy-IrLRY
I wish that I could purchase long term storage foods that would last forever without any rotation. But the truth is you can’t, rotating long term storage is always a problem. Now because I have been into food storage for about 50 years, I have occasionally run into problems with shelf life. Just the other day I opened some buckets that were buried in my storage. They contained wheat that is about 30 + years old. It looked good, so I decided to see if it would still sprout.
After running a sample through my sprouting trays, I found that a small percentage would start to sprout. …Read More...