Preparedness Advice Blog
- The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard
- Survival Shopping at Costco: A Quick and Easy Guide
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
Tag Archives: ICB totes
I have on several occasions suggested that the 275-gallon IBC totes are a good solution for storing water in a location in which you plan to stay during an emergency. These totes and a reliable way to make sure the water is pure enough to drink could save lives. Several people have asked me how to get the water out of these large totes.
As you may know, the IBC totes have a valve and a spout at the bottom. The valve is plastic, and while it seems to work okay, I wouldn’t trust it for everyday use. However, the spout is threaded with standard 2-inch pipe threads, and this makes it possible to create your own fitting for a faucet.…Read More...