Preparedness Advice Blog
- Join my new 5-day Challenge, DO IT NOW 2020
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival
- What’s Bugging You? Dealing With Parasites in Humans
Tag Archives: ICB totes
I have on several occasions suggested that the 275-gallon IBC totes are a good solution for storing water in a location in which you plan to stay during an emergency. These totes and a reliable way to make sure the water is pure enough to drink could save lives. Several people have asked me how to get the water out of these large totes.
As you may know, the IBC totes have a valve and a spout at the bottom. The valve is plastic, and while it seems to work okay, I wouldn’t trust it for everyday use. However, the spout is threaded with standard 2-inch pipe threads, and this makes it possible to create your own fitting for a faucet.…Read More...