Preparedness Advice Blog
- The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard
- Survival Shopping at Costco: A Quick and Easy Guide
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
Tag Archives: icehouse
I spent Fathers Day with my father, who is almost ninety and in great shape, both physically and mentally. He talked a lot about his childhood. He was the oldest of six children, and his father died when he was six. They lived on a remote farm in Northern Michigan, over a mile to their nearest neighbor.
Because of the Great Depression and where they lived, life was hard. They raised or hunted and preserved most of their own food. He described quite a bit about the methods they used. Meat was either canned or brined. The canning was much like we do it today.…Read More...